30th May 2014
- Anti Gravity.
- 12 players return from Mario Kart Wii.
- Underwater racing and gliding return from Mario Kart 7.
- If you tricked on the glider ramp, you will get a speed boost after landing.
- Re-spawns are slightly faster than MK7, and the screen doesn't go black anymore.
- Bikes return but it is unknown if there are any inward drifting bikes
- Bikes are able to get red mini-tubos now.
- Wheelies are also back but it appears you can only wheelie when boosting.
- You can view other peoples' items with the GamePad.
- Coins return from Mario Kart 7, maximum is still 10.
- Mini turbos charge a lot faster.
- Kart customization is back for both bikes and karts.
- Two sets of kart bodies and bike bodies were shown and three sets of tires: standard, pink-rimmed tires and Monsters.
- Bullet Bill and Bomb-omb did not appear in the demo.
- Mario Kart 8 runs on 60 FPS.
Morton Koopa Jr.
Wendy O. Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Triple green shells
Triple red shells
Blue Shell (grounded)
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Shy Guy Falls
Bone Dry Ruins
* = Name not confirmed as of now
Confirmed Retro Tracks:
3DS Music Park
3DS Piranha Plant Slide
3DS DK Jungle
DS Tick Tock Clock
Wii Grumble Volcano
GCN Dry Dry Desert
GBA Mario Circuit
Link to info page