There is a lot of information in this video, so I suggest watching all of it in-case you missed the show at 3pm PST.
Nintendo's E3 presentation will focus almost entirely on Wii U and it's games. 3DS information & new game announcements will be made later next week after the Nintendo Press Conference.
Some important points:
- Wii U is an evolution of Wii and something brand new
- Wii U menu system is basically called "Miiverse", a plaza full of Miis and games
- View your Mii, Miis on your system, your friend's Miis and Miis in the same country having similar experiences
- The Miiverse lets you see what friends are doing, even if you don't have the same games as them
- Access Miiverse during gameplay as well similar to how it works on 3DS
- communication between Miis can happen via text messages, but can also be viewed/used via the Wii U GamePad
- Hand-written notes on the GamePad for the Miiverse similar to Swapnote on 3DS
- Miiverse lets you choose facial expressions for your Mii
- Post screenshots from gameplay, or content that you've created yourself
- Miiverse can be accessed by all games via home button
- Miiverse can be used with games that don't feature online interactions
- After launch, you can access Miiverse on your PC, 3DS or any web-enabled mobile device
- Wii U internet browser lets you share what's on the Game Pad via your TV
Stay closely tuned in on Tuesday June 5th at 9am PST. to watch the Nintendo E3 2012 press conference and see much more in-depth explanations and interactions with new unannounced games for Wii U!