A Nintendo Insider (Cheesemeister) has revealed that Nintendo will patch Mario Kart 8 on 8/27/14 and shared some of the things that will be patched:
- Map display to be able to be on the TV screen
- Records screen with total coins, online win-loss record, character selection rates, etc. being added
- Default menu selection following GP changing to "next race"
- Last used kart customization added to save.
- 3 free DLC Mercedes-Benz karts: GLA, W25 Silver Arrow, 300 SL Roadster.
- Improved Online Stability
Link to Info
This is great news! I know for a fact on this patch Nintendo directly listened to the fans requests for these certain types of fixes to the game. All you who participated on the GAF thread that I created, and those who voted on the other top 10 most wanted patch requests thread are to be thanked just as much as Nintendo is for listening.